- 1 lb of pork cut into bite-size cubes
- 3 tablespoon of shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger juice from squeezed grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup of potato starch
- 2 tablespoons of black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of unrefined sugar
In a bowl place the pork along with 1 tablespoon of shaoxing, 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce and the ginger juice. Mix this together thoroughly and leave to marinade for 1 hour.
In a heavy bottomed pot add about 1″ of cooking oil and preheat to 340 degrees. While heating add the potato starch to a bowl and roll each piece of pork in the starch making sure to fully coat it.
Fry the pork in the pot until lightly browned and cooked through. Do this in batches so as not to crowd the pot and make sure to drain the meat on a piece of paper towel.
In another pan mix the rest of the shaoxing wine, soy sauce, black vinegar, rice vinegar and sugar. Heat this mixture on high, bringing it to a boil before you add in the pork. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce becomes syrupy and fully coats the meat.
Serve the pork over rice for a tasty meal.