- 1 3/4 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of cooked mashed sweet potato
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons`of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of beer
In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients including the oil, eggs, sweet potato, vanilla and the sugar. Mix this together well before combining the dry ingredients together and starting to gradually add them to the wet one cup at a time. Between cups of dry ingredients add splashes of the beer to help the dry and wet combine. Stir it into a smooth evenly mixed batter.
Pour this batter into a greased baking pan and place in a 350 degree pre-heated oven. Allow this to bake for around 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cake cool fully before frosting and decorating as you please. This is a great way to use leftover sweet potato from Thanksgiving dinner.