We all know a tasty cheeseburger makes a great entree and small burger sliders can make a wonderful app. Sometimes, though, reinventing something can lead to a revelation of flavor and you get exactly that with this clever app. Combining the classic all-American cheeseburger taste with a little Asian delivery will give you a clever little appetizer with very little fuss.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 8 ounces of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (or your favorite cheeseburger cheese)
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 2 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- A little water for sealing the wonton wrappers.
1. Over a medium-high heat in a skillet cook the ground beef until browned and crumbled. This should take 5 to 7 minutes stirring constantly to ensure even cooking. Drain the meat of excess fat and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Lay a wonton wrapper onto a flat surface and spoon 1/2 a tablespoon of beef and 1/2 a tablespoon of cheese into the middle. Fold the wrapper over to create a triangular parcel wetting the edges slightly to help you seal the wonton. Make sure the edges are well sealed and that you don’t leave empty space inside the parcel. Trapped air may expand and cause the wontons to pop during cooking.
3. Cook the wontons a couple at a time in 350 degree vegetable oil. They should take about 2-3 minutes to cook and will be ready once the wrapper has crisped up and become golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess grease and serve warm with your choice of condiments.