- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread with crusts removed
- 2 cups of cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of crystalized ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup of low fat plain greek yogurt
In a mixer bowl combine the eggs, bread, milk and 3 tablespoons of honey. Using the mixer, combine these ingredients together at a slow speed until smooth. Next, add in the sweet potato, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Continue to mix until it again becomes smooth.
Pour this mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish that is greased with cooking spray. Sprinkle the pecans and chopped ginger over the top and bake in a 350 degree for 20 to 25 minutes. This will make the pudding set up and raise slightly.
As the pudding is baking, mix the remaining tablespoon of honey into the yogurt until smooth. Serve up the pudding into small bowls and top with a drizzle of the honey yogurt mixture.